IT’S A BRAND NEW YEAR!
The hangover is gone, holiday decorations put away and you are sitting at your desk staring at your computer. It must be the New Year! It is tempting to just pick up where you left off last year – but if you want to have a super sales year think about making some New Year’s Resolutions. Here are my Top 5 Ad Sales New Year’s promises to kick start your year.
1. Clean off the desk – get rid of the old media kits, rate cards and selling tools that are now dated. Keep one copy in a file for future reference. Update your binder and bulletin boards with the new data. Clean out your email inbox. Look at each of the emails before you file or delete it. Sometimes you find one that was once a sales lead long forgotten.
2. Print out your database of customers and prospects. This is a great time to clean up the list, add people to comp or just simply remind yourself of people you want to call. Challenge yourself to find one person to call today for a reason other than selling them an ad.
3. Roll out a brand new calendar. Enter all of the important dates like when the tradeshows will be, schedule travel to see customers and most importantly to attend Camp Niche. Plan your year now.
4. Make your New Year’s Hit List! Create a list of the Top 5 Prospects that you will sell this year as new business. Create a plan for selling them – if you concentrate your efforts on just five new accounts this year with a well implemented plan of sales calls, email communication and market expertise, you have a high probability of closing them. After you win those five, move on to five more.
5. This is the year to become an invaluable Marketing Consultant to your customers. Schedule thirty minutes each day to do some market research. Plan to do a survey on www.surveymonkey.com this month. Armed with information, you will be the one person your customers can’t live without.
Good Selling and Happy New Year!
eNewsletter Sign Up
Sign up for Nancy's FREE
eNewsletter. Nancy hates SPAM
so, she will not sell your name!